We offer Cow-Calf and Herd Health Services as well as Feedyard and Backgrounder Services
For the cow-calf producer:
- We offer bull soundness exams. During a BSE, we check eyes, feet, body condition score. We measure and record scrotal circumference. We palpate external and internal structures. We visualize for any defects. We check semen quality for shape and motility. All these together gives us an indication of the bull's ability to breed satisfactory for a large number of cows. It does not guarantee an injury or the bull's libido, so those things must be examined on the farm by the producer. During this time, we can collect samples for trich testing.
- We offer pregnancy exams, by palpation or ultrasound. Ultrasounding is best utilized from 30 - 120 days of pregnancy. We find that it is a great tool in sorting fall calving cows going out to summer grass. Talk to us about ways to utilize this tool.
- We can help you set up your AI calendar. In fact, we can print that calendar for you! We also offer AI services in house and on the farm.
- We can set up cowherd vaccination protocols to best manage health issues. We can also assist in nutritional issues. Without a good nutritional basis to the operation, health is hard to manage.
- We offer feet work including trimming and treatment on our hydraulic layover table
We offer many different services for our stocker, backgrounding and feedyard clients.
- We provide a handbook she wrote that includes instructions on medications, guidance on pulling sick calves, treatment options, feeding recommendations, cattle handling, cattle care, and a drug formulary.
- We set up processing and treatment protocols individualized for each producers unique operation.
- We offer processing services when needed with trained staff provided by our clinic.
- Weprovides educational modules at each visit on timely topics.
- We offer diagnostics, including necropsies, sample collections, and interpretation of diagnostics.
- We have an nrc based excel ration spreadsheet to help check rations.
- We can help with water testing and water quality issues.
- We can be flexible, because we understand your operation may need options with changing markets and feedstuff availability.
We understand that your operation needs to be profitable, and we want to be more than only a cost, we want to give you options that can improve your bottom line.
Copyright TriCounty Veterinary Center